(Borrowed image from this guy, who I don’t know at all. But he may know one of my cousins since he lives in the same place, near these mountains...)

I was there in 2002, hiking for a week with my dad and a friend. I suddenly realise that four years is waaaay too long time to be away, so I am this very moment making plans to go there. It is hard to predict future plans when working on a PhD, but if all goes according to my current plan I will be in this area some time in August next year, I hope. This is what it looks like in the autumn, probably slightly earlier than now, and I have saved this image as my desktop background on my computer – so that I can see it every day...
Rather than causing homesickness it makes me dream, inspires me to do well so that I can allow myself time off late next summer in spite of all the things I have to do before then. Some times flat South-East England and Kent just isn’t enough, but I’ll get by:-)
No comments:
Post a Comment