...may still surprise you!
I was walking to town today and somewhere along the way I saw a guy at a distance who had a small pet cage (on wheels!) with him. I thought I'd peek in to see what he had, either a cat or a small dog would probably be a good guess. The cage was one of those two-coloured hard plastic medium sized ones with a barred opening in one end. And I figured that given the size on the guy's cage he probably had either two cats or possibly a small dog, like an American Cocker Spaniel or something.
When coming closer I looked towards the cage door/opening. And looked once again. I could hardly believe my eyes. The guy had a big lizzard in there! One of those you'd see at a zoo or somewhere in a tropical forest , a lizzard (gekko, I think) of about 60-80 cm or something, holding on to the rails with its 'hands', peeking out and having its tail curled inside the cage so that the tip of the tale also was at the opening.
And I asked myself: Why does that guy have a lizzard in a cage? Is it at all legal to have lizzards here? Where is he taking it? Why would anyone have a gekko in Canterbury?
I never approached him to ask about any of this. Nor did I see where he went. But believe me, I wonder.
14 October 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment