15 November 2006

When you wish upon a star...


This will soon be me. Sort of. On Saturday I am going to a costume ball with the theme ‘movie stars’. My dad and my brother are joining me. I will be Elizabeth I, my brother will be a pirate (with £ 80+ jeans ripped at the knees!) and my dad will be Indiana Jones. I will not have a wig with short, red, curly hair as the original Elizabeth I had, but rather one with long dark hair and braids, with golden ribbons entwined etc. Hired a dress today; a black Tudor dress with gold brocade in the front that goes perfectly well with the wig, or the other way around. I have a feeling I will enjoy the ball immensely, both because I will enjoy my costume AND because my dad and my brother (Torgeir) are there with me. I will try to make Torgeir take pictures of me/us and then post them here.

Oh, and a note on a completely different issue: I have received an invite that thrilled me today. I was invited to an invitation-only workshop at THE leading think-tank on international affairs in the UK, an internationally recognized and respected think-tank that ‘everyone’ in international affairs have heard of and know about. The workshop is only for those who receive an invitation and limited to appr. 30 people. I am so excited to be one of them – being only in my first year of a PhD. Which probably means that my academic side is growing and that I am turning into an IR geek. Please warn me if it goes too far!

No comments: