I spent the weekend visiting an old friend in Bath, Laura (who I know from when she lived in Canterbury) and the weekend could not have been better - weather included!
Bath Abbey, a beautiful church. I really liked how it had a mix of stained-glass windows and 'regular' windows that let the daylight in; it gave a great effect once you were inside. Apparenty there are 52 windows in the church, and on many of the images women of the Bible were included as main motives, not as bi-persons. Fascinating.
Royal Crescent - a place where houses are built wall-to-wall in a perfect half circle. There is a garden and a park in front of it and the houses boast an amazing view over the city.
Pulteney Bridge in Bath; allegedly the only bridge in Europe outside Venice where there are houses constructed on the bridge.
No comments:
Post a Comment