13 May 2011

Spring by the sea is great

Lately we've had fabulous spring weather, warm and quite lovely all through the day. It does not get dark at night anymore, so it's possible to be out and about 24/7 if one wants to. When I walk the dog in the morning before going to work (around 5.30 a.m.) it's sunny even when I wake up. I love it, and I love how I can walk outside at that hour wearing just trainers, a t-shirt and tights. Very, very easy! I have stopped counting the hours I've spent in the outdoors the past two weeks...

Both these images show my dog earlier today. I took him walking down to the seaside, where there's an area where he can run freely about. His best friend Mia (dog!) is in heat, so they're off playdates for a little while. He enjoyed chasing birds instead!

My mother visited yesterday, and she brought with her something that pleased me immensely. My aunt (her sister) is moving, and in the process she is ridding herself of some things from her flat. So I get to 'inherit' a set of porcelain plates, serving trays etc in various sizes from a set of porcelain that my grandparents got for their wedding day in 1948! When they died my mum and her sister split the china among them; now I have my aunt's part and will soon get my mother's part too. So I will end up having a full set of oooold china. I am so excited.

Have a great weekend - I plan to, too :-)

No comments: