21 December 2006

Home for Christmas

Now I am home for Christmas! Arrived this afternoon and have already read all the mail we have received so far... I am behind on mine because the essay marking took longer than expected, but on the positive side: If people get it a bit later they may have more time to sit down and read it. I hope.

The boat trip down was rather uneventful, and I even managed to catch a few hours' sleep on a couch, which was great. However, when we came closer to my destination (home!) the weather reports grew increasingly worse. They had been bad beforehand, but got worse during the day. So the ship actually cancelled three ports, one of them being my home town/destination. Fortunately they knew a bit early, so I was able to exit one stop earlier and have my parents pick me up and bring me the last distance by car instead.

All the snow that came falling down before the weekend is gone. It is cloudy, so it is veeery dark most of the day. It is raining so much that most rivers are flooded and the meteorologists have sent out flood warnings for my district, and ... well, today is the darkest day of the year anyway. And one can tell.

But I still pray for white Christmas, i.e. snowfall late Saturday and all Sunday, both here and in Brixton (for Ros!). So we'll see whether He agrees or not when the day arrives;-)

No comments: