02 April 2007

Canterbury and Campus in White

The picture on top is from the grass field between Rutherford and Eliot Colleges on campus. I have my (shared) office in Rutherford. Normally you can see all of Canterbury city above the trees in the background; with the Cathedral throning over it. Beautiful! But on the February day that this picture was made it was snowing and we could not see the city for all the snow. It was quite amazing, I have never experienced it here before. And the pic was made 9 in the morning, i.e. people were out early. There were, in fact, three snowmen on the picture but I think only one or two of them are visible.
The picture below is of my house that same morning. It was actually white on the ground and on the street even where the cars had driven. Quite unusual for Canterbury! But of course I enjoyed it. I made pictures to prove that we actually had white days here; and it actually lasted until the next day/morning! I wish it would happen again, though now it is getting a bit late for snow. Perhaps next winter?

No comments: