30 April 2008
Spring in Canterbury
There is no denying that spring has arrived in Canterbury. Some days may be cool and it may be windy and rain, but as soon as the clouds draw a breath and give us a glimpse of the sky beyond, neither the temperature nor nature can hide the fact - spring is definitely here!
This was what part of my way to work looked like this morning. I think it is a cherry tree, but I am not completely sure. (My biology skills need a refresher...) And it's been blossoming for so long that the leaves are beginning to fall off its flowers, and the result is that when walking to work I feel like a bride because my way is covered in pink-white flower leaves. What a blessing!
The gardens of the neighbourhood are mostly prepared for spring as well, so when the green covers the front garden there are always flowers behind. Quite a nice sight to rest one's eyes on when walking to/from campus, these houses are.
This is one of my favourite trees in town - a giant pink flowery thing these days. I ingore my polllen allergy to walk right under it and smell the scent of the leaves while enjoying the sight of thousands of flowers. What a joy!
If you want to step off the pavement and onto the grass I am sure you can - and it would be the softest thing in the world, and your feed would smell like roses afterwards. Just try! (This is the ground beneath the big pink tree on the picture above this one.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment