02 July 2008

Noen timer i Oslo - Hours in Oslo

Gjett hvor jeg var da jeg hadde noen timer til overs i tigerstaden?
Guess where I went when I had a few hours to spare in Oslo? If you're not Norwegian you may be forgiven for not recognising this building, but I would not be surprised if you learn to know it soon enough...

Det er selvfoelgelig den nye operaen! Tegnet av Snoehetta, finansiert av skattebetalerne og tilgjengelig for alle!
This is the new opera building in Oslo! Norway's got a new Opera Building while I've been abroad and of course I had to see it with my own eyes. It resembles the house part of a ship that dives into the water and looks stunning, both from a distance and up close. White Italian marble and mirrored surfaces are used outdoors and the result is remarkable.

Naar man kommer til operaen, er man paa 'gatenivaa'. Men derfra er det mulig aa gaa opp paa utsiden av nesten hele bygget, overflatene er for det meste flate og det er lett aa gaa selv om det heller litt. Og speilene lager en morsom effekt. Hvor mange personer ser du egentlig her?
When arriving at the Opera you get there at street level. But from there on it's possible to walk up to nearly the top of the building, using the very surface of the building to walk on. It's a bit steep, but the surfaces are mostly flat so you can get to the top even with a wheelchair. And from the top you have an amazing view over the Oslo seaside. The mirrors sometimes create funny effects, like here. How many people do you think you see?

Inne i hallen/inngangspartiet i operaen. Dessverre hadde jeg ikke mulighet til aa overvaere en forestilling denne gangen, men det staar oeverst paa lista for neste oslotur. Det jeg saa av interioeret gjorde meg veldig nysgjerrig paa resten!
From the hall/entrance area inside the opera building. I did unfortunately not have time to see any shows this time around, but it's on top of my list for next time I go to Oslo! What I could see of the interior made me very curious about the rest. It's all very stylish and modern, but without that unpersonal touch. I really liked it.

Det hadde ikke gjort meg noe aa spise middag i operarestauranten - uansett aarstid! Man kan sogar sitte ute, i alle fall om sommeren, hvis man vil. Jeg kan godt forestille meg at dette er/blir et populaert sted.
I really wouldn't mind dining here...regardless of what season it might be! In the summer it's even possible to sit outside. I have no problem imagining loads of fancy dinner guests here in the evenings, enjoying excellent food in exclusive surroundings and with a great view. I'll definitely be back!

Oppdatering: Aftenposten har spist der og skrevet om det. Brasseriet heter Sanguine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kjempefine bilder! Det var sikkert en opplevelse aa faa se operaen, og jeg gleder meg til det blir min tur! Hilsen ho mor som nyter livet i Frankrike enda mange dager!

Elisabeth said...

Hyggelig at du koser deg, og gled deg til operaen. Neste gang vil jeg faa med meg ei forestilling ogsaa, tror jeg, og et maaltid:)