18 October 2009

Weekend - with a boy ;-)

I spent the weekend babysitting one of my friends' children, Luckas (i.e. 'Luke' in Norwegian). My friends Annette and Tommy have three children aged 1.5, 3 and 4.5. This weekend A+T were going to Oslo to visit her twin sister and celebrate their birthday, and I sort of volunteered to babysit their youngest child. (The older two were with other family members.)

It was a great weekend, lasting from Friday morning to Sunday night, and Luke & I had a great time together. He's a very easy-going and peaceful little boy with a cheeky smile, and I don't think I've raised my voice to him once. Today we went for a city walk in the afternoon and ended up walking at the marina too. He loved it and was excited about boats, planes, eagles and seagulls, ferries - and all the people and animals we met :-) He greeted them all and called them by name, precious one.


In the coming week I will be working quite a lot, I think, but I'll try and see if I find time to post a little bit more about Bodo as well, one of the days. Also, I helped my brother get a dog this weekend; he's now the very proud owner of a 7 year old male alaska husky dog from Sweden; Tamok. Perhaps I should show you some of that too? Stay tuned. If you want to.

No comments: