29 November 2009
Update soon - From weekend winter wonderland
I spent the weekend in the middle of the mountains in a log cabin, together with a young, blonde guy. We went on hikes while it was still bright and saw glimpses of the sun, though soon we'll not see it for a couple of weeks. We also had an outdoor bonfire, crossed a nearly frozen river on a wooden hanging bridge, spent an evening hour sitting on an outdoor staircase watching the snow covered landscape in the moonlight around us, had to get water from another frozen river (crack a hole in the ice to get through to running water) and ... oh yes, our train back home was delayed because there were so many reindeer on the tracks.
My camera (apparently a new and neverending story!) wasn't too friendly, but my buddy had an iPhone and I used my mobile camera, so I'll be able to show you some of this shortly. It's just that since our train got back to town (1hr 20mins late!) I've been to a concert and then headed for work - I'm now working a night shift. Will update more properly and with piccies as soon as I get some sleep and my pics are available on the laptop at home!
Oh, and did I mention it? When I came back the city was white - snow has arrived again! Yay!
This is about
ArcticLightSpecials,
Mountain Walking,
TheSaltenRegion,
WinterTime
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment