02 April 2010

Visiting Trondheim

I spent the first days of this year's Easter in Trondheim, where my brother and his family live. The above pic is from the city centre, taken from the Old City Bridge. The buildings are traditional old warehouses that were used for fish industry and other trades back in the day when they were new. Today they are also being used for business purposes; they're protected for conservation purposes and therefore remodelling them and converting them to other purposes is a near-impossible task. Otherwise I'm sure there'd be expensive flats all over the place!

Oh, and take a look at building#5 from the left, the brown one. It's not been refurbished, obviously. Not sure why it's being allowed to wear down just like that, but... It kind of provides a fascinating contrast to the other buildings.

My brother Torgeir just picked up his 2nd dog; another Alaskan Husky by the name of Aron. He will be 4 years old this summer. Aron has been on a sleddog team until now, but has been officially retired as he does not keep up with the speed of the other dogs. He will now stay with Torgeir and the family and have a great time on short and longer trips. He also knows Torgeir's first dog, Tamok, from before, so that should not be a problem - in fact they probably both love being a 'pack' of two :)

Tamok, Thale, Torgeir, Thea and Aron. Only Therese, my sister-in-law, is missing from this photo. That is because she was asleep after working night shift. We had a great walk with the kids and the dogs, and it was just one out of several during the days I was there.


The Nidaros Cathedral is the pretties church building in Norway, no doubt - at least among the larger ones. One of the days I took the children there. We explored the church and also the nearby Archbishop's Houses, where the Norwegian Crown Regalia are kept. Unfortunately there were no cameas allowed, so I can't show you the jewellery :-/

And now I'm back home again, to work for the remainder of the Easter week.

No comments: