13 April 2011

Spring on the shore

Yup. It's definitely spring here now, and has been for just over a week. One day I took the dog down to the shore of the sea, to an area where there are no houses and hardly ever any people. There I can let him roam freely about, and he loves it. We often go there if we are with someone else so that the dogs can play together in a large area. Not a bad way to spend the afternoon when coming home from work, as you see above!

This is Emre, 10.5 months old. He is a relatively calm, confident and very happy puppy who is about to turn into a youngster rather than a 'puppy'. I enjoy his company a lot, obviously, and I don't think he minds mine either... His great-grandfather won the Iditarod a couple of years ago, together with the rest of the dog team and a guy behind on a sled, and Emre loves running too. He is slowly about to learn the art of pulling too. What a joy!

Emre looking out for birds after having inspected the shore. He loves chasing birds, especially when they sit by the sea and he can run towards them just to scare them off. He does not need to bark in order to do that, so he doesn't. Most of the time, anyway. And just like when he was a little puppy still living at his (home/original) kennel, he continues to enjoy taking a break to stop and get an overview over what goes on in the surroundings. Just in case, I guess.

No comments: