I morgen blir jeg henta tidlig paa formiddagen av venners venner, og da skal jeg til Gracanica, en serbisk enklave rett soer for Pristina. Jeg haaper aa ogsaa faa sett Mitrovica foer jeg drar; det er en by lenger nord som er delt - det renner ei elv gjennom byen, og paa nordsida bor serbere og soersida albanere. Det ser ut til at jeg drar tilbake til Beograd soendag, men det kan ogsaa hende jeg venter til mandag, litt avhengig av hvilke muligheter som byr seg. Oppdateringer foelger i alle fall etterhvert!
Today I have explored Pristina, the 'capital' of Kosovo. It's not exacatly much to see, but I think it is an interesting place just to observe. I also met with a guy who worked with the Kosovo government, so I got to ask loads of questions and have most of them answered. Most things here are very cheap and euro is the official currency. I had a kebab plate + two coke for dinner and it cost me 4 euros. I have taken some pictures, a.o. some of a parade of children in national costumes from around the Balkans that I ran into in town today, but don't have the equipment to publish them online here and now. Will try to post some when I am back in Belgrade.
Tomorrow I'll be picked up early in the day by friends of friends. I am going to Gracanica then, a Serbian enclave town just south of Pristina. I hope to also see Mitrovica before I leave; it is town further north that is divided - the Ibar river runs through it and the Serbs live on the northern side, Albanians on the southern. It now seems like I will return to Serbia on Sunday, but I may also wait until Monday, depending on what opportunities come up - or not. Updates will follow; watch this space:-)
Update on pictures 27.09.07: Image top right shows the national library in Pristina. Don't ask me what they were thinking! The picture to the left shows children from Hungary dancing a folk dance, wearing national costumes. It's from the parade I mentioned.
No comments:
Post a Comment